How To Clone CannabisGianenzo Sapgnuolo
Shoot’n, Toot’n and ROOT’n
Cannabis clones should be taken from a healthy mother plant. Removal of a clone with at minimum 4-5 additional nodes (10-15 cm). Prepare as many Jiffy pellets or clone cups filled with coco-coir. A high humidity environment is key to stimulating the production of roots. Jiffy pellets retain moisture, the soft coco-coir promotes airflow and healthy root development. Leaves should be trimmed on cuttings, this ensures the plant does not waste energy making bigger leaves instead of roots. A low-powered LED light will be necessary to stimulate root development and keeping temperature above 18°C is highly recommend.
1. Cut stem at a 45° angle.
- Ensure the use of a sharp scalpel or scissor.
- Blunt blades will crush cells instead of cleanly cutting them.
- Crushed cells will not make roots.
- Using scalpel blade, gently scrape the bottom 1-2cm of stem to remove outermost epidermal layer.
- This will stimulate new root development.
2. Apply rooting hormone to cutting.
- Only a small coating of hormone is required to stimulate rooting.
- Cutting can be placed into pH balanced water while more are taken.
4. Place Jiffy Pellets into a cloning dome to keep humidity up
- Clip leaf tips, leaving 60% left.
- These leaves will stop growing focusing energy on roots.
5. Mist clone dome every morning to provide additional moisture to leaves.