Alfalfa Mulch 15L
Soil Mulch – Prevents Excess Evaporation of Soil Moisture.
Alfalfa Mulch is a excellent and inexpensive way of maintaining soil moisture. All you need to do is apply a layer on top of the soil about 1 – 3 cm thick. Alfalfa mulch, among other does contain Nitrogen and will be slowly released into the soil.
5L (approx. 1kg)
Proudly South African
This product is locally sourced.
Pay over 3 EQUAL zero-interest
instalments of R51.67 with PayJustNow.
Find out how...
PayJustNow is a simple, easy-to-use payment system.
Here’s how it works:
PayJustNow allows you to pay for your purchase over 3 equal, zero interest instalments. You’ll pay one instalment at the time of purchase, the next at the beginning of the following month and the last one a month thereafter.
Browse your favourite online stores and proceed to check-out.
Choose PayJustNow as your payment method.
Create your account as easily as if your eyes were shut (though we’d recommend you keep them open).
Complete your purchase and whoop for joy!
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
What is mulch?
While nutrients are probably the most important protecting your soil can play a big role in a quality grow. Mulch helps retain moisture in your soil that would be lost to evaporation, and by doing so it is also protecting your soil and roots from excessive heat.
Alfalfa hay is a great material for mulching as it provides all the protective qualities a mulch requires, but it is also high in nitrogen and long lasting.
Benefits of Using Alfalfa Mulch
- Builds Organic Matter
- Feeds Microorganisms
- Stimulates Compost
- Provides Drought Resistance
- Is a Dynamic Accumulator
- Is a Great Cover Crop
HOW TO USE
- Apply mulch to the top layer of the soil 1-3 cm thick.
- Can gently mix in the first 1-3cm of soil.
- Mulch can be applied through the year however, it is recommended in spring and in summer due to its high, slow release nitrogen content.
- Avoid placing mulch too close to plant stems or trunks, as this can promote rot or attract pests.
- Water the mulch after applying it to prevent it from blowing away and to encourage it to settle into the soil.
|Dimensions||35 × 25 × 15 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.