Cannabis TerpenesOfficial Writer
Giving cannabis that Musk!
Ever wonder what gives cannabis that pungent intoxicating smell. Well what you are smelling are terpenes! Terpenes are natural aromatic oils found in cannabis. These oils are not only produced by cannabis, many plants around the world have terpenes to either attract or repel animals in the wild.
Over 100 Terpenes have been identified in cannabis. Cannabis plants produce specific terpenes due to environmental and genetic conditions. Specific terpenes are even linked to the feeling you get when you smoke that plant, and are a strong factor in differentiating how specific strains make you feel. Some terpenes give a calming and relaxing sensation while others give energy and focus.
We are going to explain the 5 most common terpenes starting from calming to energetic
- Myrcene is a very herbal scented terpene and is the most commonly found terpene in modern cannabis giving a calming feeling.
- Pinene smells very much like pine wood. It is understandably the most commonly found terpene in the natural world and helps with pain.
- Caryophyllene is a very peppery smelling terpene. This terpene is effective with anti-inflammatory reflief.
- Limonene sells like citrus or lemons. This terpene can help with stress or anxiety.
- Terpinolene is a very floral smelling terpene. This is said to be one of the most energizing terpenes giving a very uplifting feeling.
It is amazing to see how much more we are discovering about cannabis the more we study it. Terpenes play a massive role in the effect cannabis has on our bodies and im excited to see all that we can learn about terpenes and how we can take advantage of this!